As I get older I realise how important it is to keep myself fit and healthy. I have had sedentary jobs all of my working life and have also been very lazy. I find it extremely difficult to get motivated to exercise and allow myself to procrastinate with ease. Setting goals related to my health becomes very important to me. Here are my 2012 health goals.
1. To make sure that my body mass index (BMI) remains normal throughout 2012
2. Create an exercise plan
3. Create a healthy eating plan
I have spent my entire life struggling financially and I don’t like it. I spend more than I earn and I have always suffered from a chronic gambling addiction. This year was a critical year for me in terms of managing my finance. Here are my 2012 finance goals.
1. Create a debt free year
2. Create a Christmas savings plan
3. Create a Las Vegas savings plan
4. Create a vacation savings plan
5. Create an income tax savings plan
6. Create a retirement plan
7. Create a tithing plan
8. Create one source of passive income
My relationships are very important to me, but in the past I believe I have been guilty of being a little too self-absorbed. My divorce was the final nail in the coffin and I realised that I had a lot of work to do to make sure I worked harder at my relationships. Here are my 2012 relationship goals.
1. To improve my interpersonal skills so I can continue to be a better father, partner and friend.
2. Spend more time with my family when I am in the UK.
3. Schedule two vacations with my girlfriend.
4. Schedule two vacations with my son.
5. Create a plan to start visiting 10 animal sanctuaries in the world with my son.
6. Make sure that I make contact with my son, my girlfriend and my family every day.
7. Schedule time to spend the New Year with my girlfriend.
Writing has become a passion of mine since I quit life on the railway. It is the way that I earn money and it is one of my favourite hobbies. It is important that I continue to set goals to help improve my writing ability and also help me earn more money. Here are my 2012 writing goals.
1. To write 100 consecutive daily blog posts.
2. To have secured writing work that is not poker related by the end of the year.
3. To complete my first draft of my book, “From the Valleys to Vegas.”
4. To complete my script, “The Ogmore Poker Tour.”
It is important to me that I have a career doing something that I love. I truly love writing but also want to do more to help people improve their lives. Setting career related goals is very important to me and here are my 2012 career goals.
1. Create 500 unique readers per day at www.needyhelper.com
2. To earn $50,000 through writing related work
3. Submit a movie review for publication.
4. Create a breakthrough goal to earn some money through the TV/Movie industry
5. To earn $5,000 through www.needyhelper.com
6. To have attended an event as a live speaker.
I am a great believer in personal continuous improvement. I have learned so much in the past few years, and I want that to continue. Here are my 2012 learning goals.
1. Attend a creative writing course.
2. Attend a communications course.
3. To read 52 books in 52 weeks.
4. I want to have started to learn French
During my period of reflection and contemplation there are some thoughts and ideas that are resurrected and don’t fall into the above categories. These types of goals fall here.
1. I want to have completed five things on my bucket list.
2. I want to play in one major poker tournament (WSOP/WPT or EPT)
3. I want to improve upon my $10k online poker win.
4. I want to eat in two Michelin star restaurants.
5. I want to eat in the world’s top rated restaurant in line with the San Pellegrino website.
So there are my goals for 2012. In my next blog post I will go through my first quarterly review and let you know how I am progressing.
What are your most important goals this year?
The idea to write about goals came from a reader of this blog. Receiving ideas for content from the people who read your blog is amazing.
Photos courtesy of Urban_data (cc & flickr.com)